“In Hot Talk, Cold Science, Fred Singer looks at the issue of climate change the way a physicist should. He asks probing questions and offers reasoned possibilities. He notes the obvious weaknesses that others too often ignore…. Fortunately, some like Dr. Singer still prefer the joys and value of scientific inquiry.”
–Richard S. Lindzen, Alfred P. Sloan Professor Emeritus of Meteorology, M.I.T.The revised and expanded third edition of Hot Talk, Cold Science forms the capstone of the distinguished astrophysicist Dr. S. Fred Singer’s lucid, yet hard scientific look at climate change. And the book is no less explosive than its predecessors–and certainly never more timely.Singer explores the inaccuracies in historical climate data and the failures of climate models, as well as the impact of solar variability, clouds, ocean currents, and sea levels on global climate–plus factors that could mitigate any human impact on world climate.
Singer’s masterful analysis decisively shows that the pessimistic, and often alarming, global-warming scenarios depicted in the media have no scientific basis. In fact, he finds that many aspects of increased levels of CO2, as well as any modest warming, such as a longer growing seasons for food and a reduced need to use fossil fuels for heating, would have a highly positive impact on the human race.As alarmists clamor to impose draconian government restrictions on entire populations in order to combat “climate change,” this book reveals some other startling, stubborn contradictory facts, including:- CO2 has not caused temperatures or sea levels to rise beyond historical rates.
– Severe storms have not increased in frequency or intensity since 1970–neither have heat waves nor droughts.
– Global “climate change” is not harming coral reefs.
– Any increases in CO2 concentrations across huge time spans haven’t preceded rising global temperatures, they’ve followed them by about 600 to 800 years–just the opposite of alarmist claims.
– “Carbon” taxes and other “solutions” to the global warming “crisis” would have severe consequences for economically disadvantaged groups and nations.
– Alarmist climate scientists have hidden their raw temperature data and deleted emails–then undermined the peer-review system to squelch debate.In sum, despite all the hot talk–and outright duplicity– there is no “climate crisis” resulting from human activities and no such threat on the horizon.With the assistance of renowned climate scientists David R. Legates and Anthony R. Lupo, Singer’s Hot Talk, Cold Science is an essential, clear-headed book of scope and substance that no one who claims to value science, the environment, and human well-being can afford to ignore.
Be the first to review “Hot Talk, Cold Science: Global Warming’s Unfinished Debate Hardcover – 2021 by S. Fred Singer PhD , David R. Legates PhD , Anthony R. Lupo PhD”